significance of "bubba-licious" ... well, my nieces and nephews affectionately call me "bubba" (real flattering, eh?)... and "licious"... well, i just am, what can i say?!

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Here's my opinion... what's yours?

I am sure you all have caught the story in the news about Denmark publishing controversial drawings of the prophet Mohammed. While I don’t know the whole story or what these articles portrayed, and I don’t condone the violence that has spread as a result of these drawings, the situation has made me think these last few days. I find it interesting that drawings of the prophet Mohammed can be published and Muslims all over the world stand in protest for such drawings as it is sacrilegious to them. Yet, as a Christian, any time of the day, I can turn on the TV and watch a sit-com or read a newspaper article that makes fun of Jesus Christ and Christianity, and not say a word. It saddens me that we, who are Christians, don’t have the same reaction when people make fun of Jesus Christ as the Muslims have when people portray Mohammed negatively. If you are a Christian reading this blog, it should hurt you to hear people use God’s name in vain, it should anger you to hear people make fun of His statutes, and it should sadden you when people portray Christ as anything other than your Savior. Do you believe He is who He says He is? If you do, you wouldn’t sit and listen to the world make fun of Him, but next time, you’ll stand up for Him… after all, He died for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home