significance of "bubba-licious" ... well, my nieces and nephews affectionately call me "bubba" (real flattering, eh?)... and "licious"... well, i just am, what can i say?!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

i'm no betty crocker...

so, i really like to bake, but for some reason cookies and cakes are about all i can do... anything else intimidates me. but being a person that strives to be domestic like my mom and two sisters (and my bro for that matter!), i signed up to bring a pumpkin pie to the harvest dinner at our church! my friend explained everything to me, gave me suggestions and i went away from her house with such hope... "i can do this!"

she just emailed and asked how my pie turned out. this was my reply to her...

the pie... my crust (pilsbury) went in the dish nicely... no cracks... beautiful! i put the fork indentations in like you suggested... perfecto! the pumpkin filling was so easy and looked great... went in with ease! per the directions on the pie crust box, i put foil around the crust to prevent burning... no problemo! then there was the walk from the kitchen table to the oven... steady... oops... yikes... but it got in the oven with most of the pie filling still in the dish... i thought i'd be ok. THEN... after 15 minutes i took the foil off (per the instructions)... when i did this, some of the crust came with it! grrrr... this made me angry and i tried to fix it with the extra dough, but i was just making it worse... and i was getting more upset to which i realized maybe i'm too much of a perfectionist and i needed to chill out and just leave it alone and let it bake... i just took it out of the oven and the crust is really burnt (not black, but quite dark). i may bake another one tomorrow just to see if i can make it better. (sigh)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pleas don't take offense, but if you don't make it through CIU, I still think there is hope for you as a clown. Actually, most therapists would therapy better with a little humor in their lives. Never lose yours. You make me laugh and bring joy to the world. Speaking of which, Merry Christmas and Happy Thanksgiving.

5:08 PM

 
Blogger Bubba-licious said...

hey "splashes" :o) maybe i can do both... clown therapy... hmmm... i'll think about it! :o) love ya & happy thanksgiving!

11:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home